Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Psalm 119 Meditations and Prayers Relating to the Law of God


This is the eleventh section of Psalm 119 – the longest chapter and the longest Psalm in the Bible. There are 8 different terms referring to Scripture used through out. These are: law, testimonies, precepts, statutes, commandments, judgments, word and ordinancesI’m writing my thoughts after each verse.

Yodh. 

73 Your hands made me and fashioned me;
Give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments.

Father, It’s astonishing to realize that your hands created me and shaped me. Breathe wisdom into me to understand you and your commandments.

74 May those who fear You see me and be glad,
Because I wait for Your word.

Those who fear you, my fellow Christians, will take heart and be glad
When they see me waiting on your Word.

75 I know, O Lord, that Your judgments are righteous,
And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.

Father, I know that your plans for me, your decisions about me are right,
And that the trials of my life give birth to my faithfulness.

76 O may Your loving kindness comfort me,
According to Your word to Your servant.

Father, Your loving kindness comforts and amazes me,
You live up to your promises of LOVE in your Word.

77 May Your compassion come to me that I may live,
For Your law is my delight.

Lord, fill me with your love and grace so I will be lively,
Your word delights me.

78 May the arrogant be ashamed, for they subvert me with a lie;
But I shall meditate on Your precepts.

Let the prideful be shamed for they try to trick me with lies,
But I will cling to your word.

79 May those who fear You turn to me,
Even those who know Your testimonies.

Father, Let me be joined with those who fear you,
We who know your testimonies
 
80 May my heart be blameless in Your statutes,
So that I will not be ashamed.

Keep my heart blameless, strong in your word,
So I can be true to you always and without shame.

Blessings, Dottie


No comments:

Post a Comment