Thursday, November 2, 2017

Psalm 119 Meditations and Prayers Relating to the Law of God

This is the tenth section of Psalm 119 – the longest chapter and the longest Psalm in the Bible. There are 8 different terms referring to Scripture used through out. These are: law, testimonies, precepts, statutes, commandments, judgments, word and ordinances. I continue to journal through each section.

Teth. 

65 You have dealt well with Your servant,
O Lord, according to Your word.

Father, you have been so good to me,
Just as it says in your Word.

66 Teach me good discernment and knowledge,
For I believe in Your commandments.

Father, Teach me to know and understand your ways,
I believe in you and your laws.

67 Before I was afflicted I went astray,
But now I keep Your word.

Father, for years I wandered away from you, so far away
But you drew me back and now I live by your word.

68 You are good and do good;
Teach me Your statutes.

Father, you are great and good, and you do great and good things;
Teach me to follow your good ways.

69 The arrogant have forged a lie against me;
With all my heart I will observe Your precepts.

Father,  People full of pride may make up lies about me,
But I focus my heart entirely on you and obey your laws.

70 Their heart is covered with fat,
But I delight in Your law.

Their heart is closed and thick,
While I take joy in your word.

71 It is good for me that I was afflicted,
That I may learn Your statutes.

My difficulties were good for me,
They prompted me to learn more of you and your law.

72 The law of Your mouth is better to me
Than thousands of gold and silver pieces.

Your Word feeds and stretches me,
It’s better than all the wealth in the world.

Blessings, Dottie


No comments:

Post a Comment