Wednesday, June 30, 2010

U No Why

I recently followed a car with “U No Why” on the license plate. It puzzled me. It didn't seem like a vanity plate. I wanted to stop the car and ask what the message on the license plate meant. Why would someone choose something like this? I speculated about the reason and what the driver would say.

He/she might say “Do you know why we’re here on this earth? Is there purpose to our existence or is it random chance?” They might ask “Do you know why God created us? Do you know why the sun shines and the sky is blue? Do you know why every finger print and every snow flake is different? Is this by design or by chance?"

I think this plate belongs to a Christian who wants to get people thinking and asking questions. How empty life would be if there is no reason for our existence – nothing but chance. How meaningful life is when we know God. Both of these can’t be true. It has to be one or the other. When we realize there is a marvelous purpose to life and a magnificent God guiding and directing us, we find meaning and purpose in all we do.

I think this license plate is not a vanity plate at all. It’s a “value” plate. It sends an important message. It reminds me of this: “No God. No Peace. Know God. Know peace.”

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.” Psalms 111:10

Blessings, Dottie

No comments:

Post a Comment