Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Psalm 119 Meditations and Prayers Relating to the Law of God


This is the sixteenth section of Psalm 119 – the longest chapter and the longest Psalm in the Bible. There are 8 different terms referring to Scripture used through out. These are: law, testimonies, precepts, statutes, commandments, judgments, word and ordinances. I'm journaling through it verse by verse.

Ayin. February 8, 2016

121 I have done justice and righteousness;
Do not leave me to my oppressors.

Father, I have kept your just laws and surrendered my life to you;
Don’t abandon me to this corrupt and lost world.

122 Be surety for Your servant for good;
Do not let the arrogant oppress me.

Father, Go to bat for me, your Christ follower for good;
Don’t let proud, know-it-all acquaintances get me down.

123 My eyes fail with longing for Your salvation
And for Your righteous word.

Father, My eyes yearn to see the salvation of family members; for your word to penetrate their hearts.

124 Deal with Your servant according to Your lovingkindness
And teach me Your statutes.

Father, Be gentle with me according to your great love,
I’m a work in progress, teach me your Word.

125 I am Your servant; give me understanding,
That I may know Your testimonies.

Lord, I am yours, I bow before you, give me discernment,
So I will follow Your will and way in all my days ahead.

126 It is time for the Lord to act,
For they have broken Your law.

Father, I believe it is about time for You to act,
The world is lost and many don’t value or keep your law.

127 Therefore I love Your commandments
Above gold, yes, above fine gold.

Father, Thank you for drawing me back so I love and worship you and support your church, I value this knowledge above all else, it is more precious than anything else.

128 Therefore I esteem right all Your precepts concerning everything,
I hate every false way.

Father, I value highly all your directions for life, your will for everything,
I cringe and despise every false way.

Blessings, Dottie






No comments:

Post a Comment