Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Psalm 119 Meditations and Prayers Relating to the Law of God

This is the fourteenth section of Psalm 119 – the longest chapter and the longest Psalm in the Bible. There are 8 different terms referring to Scripture used through out. These are: law, testimonies, precepts, statutes, commandments, judgments, word and ordinances.

Nun. 

105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path.

Father, Your Word sheds bright light in my life,
And a light leading me on the path of your will for me.

106 I have sworn and I will confirm it,
That I will keep Your righteous ordinances.

I have surrendered all to you and confirm it here,
This means I will be true to your law and Word.

107 I am exceedingly afflicted;
Revive me, O Lord, according to Your word.

Father, I am some times very upset;
When I turn to you, you revive me as your word promises.

108 O accept the freewill offerings of my mouth, O Lord,
And teach me Your ordinances.

Father, Accept the praises and thanks offered to you,
Continue to teach me your Holy Word.

109 My life is continually in my hand,
Yet I do not forget Your law.

My life is controlled by my hand,
Yet I don’t forget you and your precious way.

110 The wicked have laid a snare for me,
Yet I have not gone astray from Your precepts.

Father, the wicked world lays many snares for me,
Yet I stand strong in following your precepts.

111 I have inherited Your testimonies forever,
For they are the joy of my heart.

Father as a child of the king I have inherited your testimonies forever,
And they are they joy of my heart.

112 I have inclined my heart to perform Your statutes
Forever, even to the end.

Father I bend my heart to do your will,
Forever and even to the end.

Blessings, Dottie


 

No comments:

Post a Comment