Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Psalm 119 Meditations and Prayers Relating to the Law of God


This is the thirteenth section of Psalm 119 – the longest chapter and the longest Psalm in the Bible. There are 8 different terms referring to Scripture used through out. These are: law, testimonies, precepts, statutes, commandments, judgments, word and ordinances.

Mem. February 5, 2016

97 O how I love Your law!
It is my meditation all the day.

Father, I love your Word!
I ponder and feed on your word every day.

98 Your commandments make me wiser than my enemies,
For they are ever mine.

Your commands and precepts and word make me wiser than unbelievers,
For your way is eternal and will be mine forever.

99 I have more insight than all my teachers,
For Your testimonies are my meditation.

Father, I have more insight than some of my former teachers,
Your Way and Truth are my daily contemplation.

100 I understand more than the aged,
Because I have observed Your precepts.

I grasp more than many believers of all ages,
Because I study and follow your laws and your way of love.

101 I have restrained my feet from every evil way,
That I may keep Your word.

Father, I keep my eyes and mind and my actions from evil ways,
That I may be true to you and your Word.

102 I have not turned aside from Your ordinances,
For You Yourself have taught me.

I will not and have not drifted away from your teaching,
For You Yourself have touched me and taught me.

103 How sweet are Your words to my taste!
Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Your words are delicious and nourishing to me!
Yes, sweeter than ice cream to my mouth!

104 From Your precepts I get understanding;
Therefore I hate every false way.

Father, from your Word I gain understanding of you;
Therefore I deplore and pray against every false way.

Blessings, Dottie


No comments:

Post a Comment