Friday, March 2, 2018

Psalm 119 Meditations and Prayers Relating to the Law of God


This is the twelfth section of Psalm 119 (I counted wrong last month or so) – the longest chapter and the longest Psalm in the Bible. There are 8 different terms referring to Scripture used through out. These are: law, testimonies, precepts, statutes, commandments, judgments, word and ordinances.

Lamedh.

89 Forever, O Lord,                               

Your word is settled in heaven.

Father, You are eternal, everlasting, never changing,
Your Word is true and permanent in heaven.

90 Your faithfulness continues throughout all generations;
You established the earth, and it stands.

Your faithfulness extends to all people, all ages;
You created the earth, and keep it in its orbit,

91 They stand this day according to Your ordinances,
For all things are Your servants.

Your laws are relevant even today because they are true,
And everything fulfills your plans.

92 If Your law had not been my delight,
Then I would have perished in my affliction.

If I had never delighted in your law,
I wouldn’t know you and I would be lost forever.

93 I will never forget Your precepts,
For by them You have revived me.

From now on I will never forget your Spirit drawing me,
You opened the eyes of my heart and rescued me!

94 I am Yours, save me;
For I have sought Your precepts.

I am Yours, You saved me;
I seek your Word and obey it.

95 The wicked wait for me to destroy me;
I shall diligently consider Your testimonies.

The evil culture trys to lure me and kill me,
I will eagerly and carefully focus on your Word.

96 I have seen a limit to all perfection;
Your commandment is exceedingly broad.

I see that even perfection is limited,
But your commandments are amazingly beyond perfect!

Blessings, Dottie


No comments:

Post a Comment