Monday, May 14, 2012

The Red Words in the Bible


DO NOT MURDER
Matt. 5:21-22 Do not murder and do not express angry words that can wound and kill.

Matt. 19:18  Do not murder
.
Mark 10:19   Do not murder.

Luke 18:20   Do not murder.



DO NOT MURDER
Dear Father, I’m very aware of my anger which flares up far too often toward those I love the most. It even happened today over such a minor issue. Help me change. Today the irritation was related to feeling “quizzed” at breakfast on a subject on which I had no instant opinion about. I also was irritated at the interruption to my reading the newspaper. My emotions and my own interests certainly seem to come ahead of others. I don’t want to wound anyone. I want to show your love to all.  Lord, help me.

RECONCILE QUICKLY
Matt. 5:23-24 If you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother, then come and offer your gift.

Matt. 5:25-26 Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way…”

RECONCILE QUICKLY
Father, You have been teaching me to bring up even minor issues to those I love and settle them. I’ve learned to say “I was wrong” and “Will you forgive me?”  Neither of these is easy to say. Yesterday when irritated at breakfast I later realized I needed to repent and ask for forgiveness and I did later in the day. Thank you for prodding me with this scripture study!


1 comment: