Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Psalm 119 Meditations and Prayers Relating to the Law of God




Qoph 

This is the nineteenth section of Psalm 119 – the longest chapter and the longest Psalm in the Bible. There are 8 different terms referring to Scripture used through out. These are: law, testimonies, precepts, statutes, commandments, judgments, word and ordinances. I journal thorough each verse.

Qoph. 

145 I cried with all my heart; answer me, O Lord!
I will observe Your statutes.

Father, I cry with all my heart; please answer me, Lord!
I’ll listen to you and do whatever you say.

146 I cried to You; save me
And I shall keep Your testimonies.

Save, me, Lord; I cry to you,
Save me and I will follow you all my days.

147 I rise before dawn and cry for help;
I wait for Your words.

Early in the morning I cry to you for help;
I wait for your loving words.

148 My eyes anticipate the night watches,
That I may meditate on Your word.

I lie awake at night praying to you,
And meditating on your word.

149 Hear my voice according to Your lovingkindness;
Revive me, O Lord, according to Your ordinances.

Hear my cry, Lord, with your holy love and grace;
Revive and renew me, Lord, with your holy word.

150 Those who follow after wickedness draw near;
They are far from Your law.

Many who chase after wickedness invade my world;
They mock you and your law.

151 You are near, O Lord,
And all Your commandments are truth.

Lord, I know you are near,
And I know you and your words are the Truth.

152 Of old I have known from Your testimonies
That You have founded them forever.

I have known your word from my youth,

Your word is eternal and forever.


Blessings, Dottie



No comments:

Post a Comment