Monday, November 12, 2018

Psalm 119 Meditations and Prayers Relating to the Law of God


This is the eighteenth section of Psalm 119 – the longest chapter and the longest Psalm in the Bible. There are 8 different terms referring to Scripture used through out. These are: law, testimonies, precepts, statutes, commandments, judgments, word and ordinances.

Tsadhe.

137 Righteous are You, O Lord
And upright are Your judgments.

Father, You are right and true, my Lord,
And Your ways are good and just
                                                                                           
138 You have commanded Your testimonies in righteousness
 And exceeding faithfulness.
 Your commands and your word are good and just,   And teach us to be faithful to you.

139 My zeal has consumed me,Because my adversaries have forgotten Your word. My utter devotion to you consumes me,But skeptics have forgotten you and your words.

140 Your word is very pure,Therefore Your servant loves it.
 Your word is so very pure and true,So your child of faith loves it.

141 I am small and despised,Yet I do not forget Your precepts.
 Even though my influence is small and even disliked,I will not forget your word or you.

142 Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness,  And Your law is truth.
 Father your goodness and mercy are eternally good and merciful, and your law is truth.

143 Trouble and anguish have come upon me,Yet Your commandments are my delight.
 Trouble and difficulty visit me,Yet your word and laws are my joy.

144 Your testimonies are righteous forever;Give me understanding that I may live.

 Father, your words are eternally good and trueGive me spiritual understanding that I may live in Christ. Blessings, Dottie 

No comments:

Post a Comment