Monday, October 1, 2018

Psalm 119 Meditations and Prayers Relating to the Law of God

This is the seventeenth section of Psalm 119 – the longest chapter and the longest Psalm in the Bible. There are 8 different terms referring to Scripture used through out. These are: law, testimonies, precepts, statutes, commandments, judgments, word and ordinances.  Pe                                                                                                                    
129 Your testimonies are wonderful;                                                                                   Therefore my soul observes them.

Father, Your commands are life-giving;                                                                                And so my soul lives by them.


130 The unfolding of Your words gives light;
It gives understanding to the simple.

The opening of new layers of your word gives new light;
It brings wisdom to the humble at heart.

131 I opened my mouth wide and panted,
For I longed for Your commandments.

Father, I’m eager and breathless.
Waiting for Your guidance and wisdom.

132 Turn to me and be gracious to me,
After Your manner with those who love Your name.

Look on me, shine on me and be gracious to me,
As you do with those who adore your name.

133 Establish my footsteps in Your word,
And do not let any iniquity have dominion over me.

Establish my firm and focused path in your word,
And don’t let any sin have sway over me.

134 Redeem me from the oppression of man,
That I may keep Your precepts.

Father, Save me from the coruption of our culture,
So I will follow your laws.

135 Make Your face shine upon Your servant,
And teach me Your statutes.

Show me your glorious face, Your follower and friend,
And teach me your ways.

136 My eyes shed streams of water,
Because they do not keep Your law.

Father, I cry buckets of tears
Because the wicked do not keep your law and do not know you.

Blessings, Dottie


No comments:

Post a Comment