Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Psalm 119 Meditations and Prayers Relating to the Law of God

This is the fourth section of Psalm 119 – the longest chapter and the longest Psalm in the Bible There are 8 different terms referring to Scripture used through out. These are: law, testimonies, precepts, statutes, commandments, judgments, word and ordinances. This is an amazing chapter to meditate on and learn to rest in his Word.

Daleth
25 My soul cleaves to the dust;
Revive me according to Your word.

Dear Father,
When my soul is way down you do revive me as your Word promises. This was true a few days ago. I was given the run around in a doctor’s office. You helped me process this and give it all to you. I was surprised how quickly I could let it go. Thank you, Lord.

26 I have told of my ways, and You have answered me;
Teach me Your statutes.

Dear Father, I do tell you about my days and ways, my thoughts and questions and you answer me. Teach me Your statutes, I’m eager to learn and there’s much I don’t know. Show me when I fail to follow your statutes.

27 Make me understand the way of Your precepts,
So I will meditate on Your wonders.

Dear Father, Help me be clear about the way of your precepts. It would be good if you would force me to listen. I don’t think you do this. I hope You will patiently and gently show me or teach me what I need to know. Then I will meditate on your wonders – more than ever before.

28 My soul weeps because of grief;
Strengthen me according to Your word.

Dear Father, My soul weeps in grief over friends and loved ones who are sick or facing difficulty. I grieve over my relatives who don’t know you even though they were raised in church. I grieve over our PC world – so anti-Christian. Strengthen me to hang onto your Joy in the midst of this fallen, sick world.

29 Remove the false way from me,
And graciously grant me Your law.

Father, Don’t let me ever take the false way again. I was on that path for way too long. I know you graciously have shown me Your way, the way of Your law. Keep me on it.

30 I have chosen the faithful way;
I have placed Your ordinances before me.

Father, I have chosen your faithful way since 1990. Since then I have followed your ordinances, learning them and studying them and listening to you and your followers so I would learn more.

31 I cling to Your testimonies;
O Lord, do not put me to shame!

Dear Father, I cling to you and to your testimonies, your law, your word. Hold me close to you and don’t bring shame on me. Forgive my failures as you have done in the past and keep me growing in your ways.

32 I shall run the way of Your commandments,
For You will enlarge my heart.

Father, I will run as fast as I can in the direction of your commands. I walk a mile or more daily on the treadmill and hope I “run” that fast and that often in the way of your commandments. You have and will enlarge my heart. That’s a delightful thought!

Blessings, Dottie



No comments:

Post a Comment