Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Psalm 119 Meditations and Prayers Relating to the Law of God

Samekh                                                                                                                               This is the fifteenth section of Psalm 119 – the longest chapter and the longest Psalm in the Bible. There are 8 different terms referring to Scripture used through out. These are: law, testimonies, precepts, statutes, commandments, judgments, word and ordinances.

Samekh. 

113 I hate those who are double-minded,
But I love Your law.

Father, I hate those who are two-faced,
But I love your transparent law.

114 You are my hiding place and my shield;
I wait for Your word.


Father, You are my hiding place and my refuge of protection;
I listen for your guidance.

115 Depart from me, evildoers,
That I may observe the commandments of my God.

Scram Satan and all demons,
I plan to obey the commandments of my God in Christ Jesus.

116 Sustain me according to Your word, that I may live;
And do not let me be ashamed of my hope.

Father, Keep me close according to your word, protect my life;
And don’t let me lose my hope in you.

117 Uphold me that I may be safe,
That I may have regard for Your statutes continually.

Hold on to me so I will be safe in you,
So I will continue to respect and follow your rules.

118 You have rejected all those who wander from Your statutes,
For their deceitfulness is useless.

You reject those who wander from your moral laws,
Their apostasy is terrible and useless.

119 You have removed all the wicked of the earth like dross;
Therefore I love Your testimonies.

Father, You remove all the wicked from the earth like garbage;
I so love your wisdom and Word.

120 My flesh trembles for fear of You,
And I am afraid of Your judgments.

Father, My skin tingles in reverence and fear of you,
And I am in awe of your judgments and plans.

Blessings, Dottie



No comments:

Post a Comment