Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Psalm 119 Meditations and Prayers Relating to the Law of God

This is the twelfth section of Psalm 119 – the longest chapter and the longest Psalm in the Bible. There are 8 different terms referring to Scripture used through out. These are: law, testimonies, precepts, statutes, commandments, judgments, word and ordinances. My thoughts follow each verse.


Kaph. 

81 My soul languishes for Your salvation;
I wait for Your word.

Father, My soul is sad about this fallen world and longs for your salvation;
I am saved and wait for your second coming promised in your word.

82 My eyes fail with longing for Your word,
While I say, “When will You comfort me?”

Father, my eyes and heart long for Your coming promised in your word,
When will you comfort me?

83 Though I have become like a wineskin in the smoke,
I do not forget Your statutes.

Father, though I’m getting quite up in years,
I do not and will not forget your statutes.

84 How many are the days of Your servant?
When will You execute judgment on those who persecute me?

Father, How long do I have to put up with all this?
When will you judge those who persecute Christians?

85 The arrogant have dug pits for me,
Men who are not in accord with Your law.

The stuck up people lay traps for Christians,
They are unbelievers who reject your law.

86 All Your commandments are faithful;
They have persecuted me with a lie; help me!

All your commandments are true and good for us,
But the world is tearing down all these standards, help us!

87 They almost destroyed me on earth,
But as for me, I did not forsake Your precepts.

They are nearly destroying the morals of this country,
But those who love You, including me, do no stop obeying your precepts.

88 Revive me according to Your loving kindness,
So that I may keep the testimony of Your mouth.

Send revival to our country with your loving kindness and grace
So our country will be saved by your marvelous moral laws and precepts of your word.

Blessings, Dottie



No comments:

Post a Comment