Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Psalm 119 Meditations and Prayers Relating to the Law of God

This is the eighth section of Psalm 119 – the longest chapter and the longest Psalm in the Bible. There are 8 different terms referring to Scripture used through out. These are: law, testimonies, precepts, statutes, commandments, judgments, word and ordinances. I'm journaling through this Psalm and have found it very meaningful.

Heth. 

57 The Lord is my portion;
I have promised to keep Your words.

Father, You are the lover of my soul,
I promise to keep close to you and keep your words.

58 I sought Your favor with all my heart;
Be gracious to me according to Your word.

Father, I seek you with all my heart, most of the time. Help me give my all to you.
Be kind and gracious to me as your word promises.

59 I considered my ways
And turned my feet to Your testimonies.

Father, I think about my purpose now in life and seek your direction
I am studying your Word daily.
 
60 I hastened and did not delay
To keep Your commandments.

Father, I hurry and don’t linger
To obey Your commandments.

61 The cords of the wicked have encircled me,
But I have not forgotten Your law.

Father, an evil world view had trapped my world,
But I am now wrapped up in your your law, your church, and your love.

62 At 
midnight I shall rise to give thanks to You
Because of Your righteous ordinances.

Father, I give thanks to you every time I wake up during the night.
Thank you for your righteous laws and your righteous character.

63 I am a companion of all those who fear You,
And of those who keep Your precepts.

Father, I am friends with those who fear and love You,
And the true believers who keep your commands.

64 The earth is full of Your loving kindness, O Lord;
Teach me Your statutes.

Father, This world is full of Your unfailing love,
Teach me your commands and your ways.

Blessings, Dottie


No comments:

Post a Comment