Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Psalm 119 Meditations and Prayers Relating to the Law of God  

This is the sixth section of Psalm 119 – the longest chapter and the longest Psalm in the Bible. There are 8 different terms referring to Scripture used through out. These are: law, testimonies, precepts, statutes, commandments, judgments, word and ordinances. A pastor suggested reading this Psalm verse by verse, meditating on it and journaling on each verse.

Vav. 

41 May Your loving kindnesses also come to me, O Lord,
Your salvation according to Your word;

Father, I know Your loving kindnesses and they come to me daily. Thank you, O Lord,
Especially for your salvation told of in your Word.

42 So I will have an answer for him who reproaches me,
For I trust in Your word.

Father, I do have an answer for anyone who disputes my beliefs or taunts me for them, (as some of my relatives have). For I know your Word is true.

43 And do not take the word of truth utterly out of my mouth,
For I wait for Your ordinances.

Father, Do not take your word of truth out of my mouth or out of my mind. Guard me from false words which abound in our culture. Help me remember your Word and hide it deep in my heart. For I need to feed on your Word.

44 So I will keep Your law continually,
Forever and ever.

Father, As I feed on your Word - then I keep your commandments – both continually,
Forever and ever – I hope.

45 And I will walk at liberty,
For I seek Your precepts.

Father, I walk with you, free and at peace,
Because I seek you and your Word. Keep me in Christ and in the Word.

46 I will also speak of Your testimonies before kings
And shall not be ashamed.

Father, I will witness to anyone, even presidents; help me share your Truth, your testimonies and not avoid this. I will not be fearful or ashamed to speak up. I hope this is true. Guide me when to speak and when no to do so.
 
47 I shall delight in Your commandments,
Which I love.

Father, I rejoice in your commandments.
I love them!

48 And I shall lift up my hands to Your commandments,
Which I love;
And I will meditate on Your statutes.

Dear Father, I lift my hands in loving praise for your commandments,
I meditate on your commandments, laws, word and statutes! You are the Word made flesh. I abide in You.

Blessings, Dottie


No comments:

Post a Comment