Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Psalm 119 Meditations and Prayers Relating to the Law of God

This is the fifth section of Psalm 119 – the longest chapter and the longest Psalm in the Bible. There are 8 different terms referring to Scripture used through out. These are: law, testimonies, precepts, statutes, commandments, judgments, word and ordinances.
A pastor suggested reading this verse by verse, meditating on it and journaling on each verse. So that’s what I’m doing.   

He. 

33 Teach me, O Lord, the way of Your statutes,
And I shall observe it to the end.

Father, Teach me the path of your commandments and precepts,
And help me stay on your road to the end, forever. Your way brings peace and life.

34 Give me understanding, that I may observe Your law
And keep it with all my heart.

Father, Give me clear insight so I will truly obey your rules
And I will keep your commandments with all my heart.

35 Make me walk in the path of Your commandments,
For I delight in it.

Father, I do want to walk in the road you have planned, the road your laws direct,
For I delight in your ways.

36 Incline my heart to Your testimonies
And not to dishonest gain.

Father, shape my heart and mold it to your pure witness,
And not to a crooked, ungodly, or selfish way.

37 Turn away my eyes from looking at vanity,
And revive me in Your ways.

Father, Keep my eyes and heart from worry about appearances or selfish concern,
And revive my heart to follow your path. My heart overflows with your presence. Thank you, Lord.

38 Establish Your word to Your servant,
As that which produces reverence for You.

Dear Father, Convince me your word is true for me,
Knowing your complete faithfulness increases my devotion for you.

39 Turn away my reproach which I dread,
For Your ordinances are good.

Dear Father, Turn away from my failures, my sins which I abhor,
Your laws are good for me.

40 Behold, I long for Your precepts;
Revive me through Your righteousness.

Father, Wow! I long to obey your Word, your laws;
Bring me to life, spiritually, delete all deadness from me,
Your pure goodness renews me.

Blessings, Dottie



No comments:

Post a Comment