Saturday, September 8, 2018

A Machine that Will Strengthen You!


We have a humongous new machine in our fitness facility. It’s called the Access Strength Machine. I first saw it when it was being installed and I was quite skeptical about the value of said machine. I wanted nothing to do with it! (These were my private thoughts. I didn’t say anything negative about the machine. Smile)

I didn’t want to jump in to trying the machine until I could to do it several times a week because I feared I wouldn’t remember how to use it. (My short term memory is - short!)   

I felt the same way when computers came out and at work we were told it would be good to learn more. Well, this machine is computerized! You might think of it as a giant computer. Individual work outs are stored in it to help users follow their routines.

My husband started first. He didn’t like to lift weights, but he took right to the machine. He says he has discovered muscles he didn’t know he had. It has been helpful to him already in strengthening his upper body. He’s hitting longer drives in golf!

The fitness director patiently taught me how to use the machine and it’s getting easier. She first asked me about my goals, what I wanted to work on improving. I set my focus on strengthening my upper body and improving my posture. She taught me the four points of posture which are important to know and use when operating the machine. These are: Stomach pulled in, Chest up, Shoulders pinched back, Head up, level. In other words, the weights we lift work best if we stand up straight or sit up straight when using them.

Mind you, I’ve been lifting weights and using some weight machines for six years. I’m stronger than six years ago but I have not felt any progress for quite some time. I’ve just been maintaining my ability. Thanks to the Access Strength Machine, in just a few weeks of using it three times a week, I can tell quite a difference in the strength of my arms, shoulders and core and see an improvement in my posture. I feel stronger and I remember to stand up better and sit straighter. Look for the Access Strength Machine. You can be stronger, too!

By the way the Access Strength Machine’s is manufactured by INCLUDE HEALTH. http://www.includehealth.com

Blessings, Dottie    


No comments:

Post a Comment