Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Red Words in Scripture

HE WHO OVERCOMES WILL...   
Revelation 2:7 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Revelation 2:10 Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you the devil will put some of you in prison to test you and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful even to the point of death and I will give you the crown of life.

Revelation 2:11 He who has an ear, let him hear what the spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.

Revelation 2:17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.         

Revelation 2:26-27 To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations - He will rule them with an iron scepter; he will dash time to pieces like pottery’- just as I received authority. I will also give them the morning star.

Revelation 3:4-5 You have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.

Revelation 3:10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently 
I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.      

Revelation 3:12 Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.

Revelation 3:21 To him who overcomes I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. 

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of  life and may go through the gates into the city.

These verses repeat the phrase “He who overcomes.” So who is an overcomer? The good news is that to be an overcomer means to be a Christian. All "born again" Christians are overcomers! This is clear in 1 John 5:4 which says “For whoever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world – our faith. 

So if we have surrendered our life to Christ and are born again Christians we are overcomers and will inherit all the promises that follow this phrase – to he who overcomes.
  • I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.
  • I will give you the crown of life 
  • He will not be hurt by the second death.
  • I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it. 
  • I will give authority over the nations… I will also give them the morning star. 
  • He will be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels. 
  • I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. 
  • I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. 
  • I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne 
  • He will have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 
Father,
Your promises are amazing and grand. We praise you for your love and grace to us who are your true followers. Hold us fast and help us continue to overcome whatever life holds for us before we join you in glory.

2 comments: