Thursday, May 26, 2016

WHOEVER COMES WILL BE WELCOMED

John 6:37 All that the Father gives me will come to me and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.

John 6:39 This is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:45 It is written in the Prophets: They will all be taught by God. Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me.

Revelation 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door I will come in and eat with him and he with me.

All the Father gives me will come, no one can come unless the Father draws him…What does this mean? These verses show the sovereignty of God in drawing us to Jesus. We are unable to believe apart from God’s choosing us. John MacArthur says “Those taught by God to grasp the truth are also drawn by God the Father to embrace the Son.”

Think of the story of the Prodigal son. (Luke 15:11-32) We will be welcomed as he was welcomed! The father ran to meet him and embraced him. Then he clothed him well and threw a party for him. The scripture says “whoever comes will be welcomed.” We will be treated like long lost children of the Father. We will be embraced and dwell with him.

These are the words of Jesus. He stands at the door of our hearts and knocks. When we hear his voice we open the door and he comes in and eats with us! This is amazing to think about. What kind of a meal that will be? What will he say? What will we talk about? It will be a feast of pure love.

Father, 
We thank you for your sovereignty. We thank you that you are in charge, and all knowing, all powerful, and all loving and more. We thank you that you are the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. You are holy, holy, holy. You are the Way, the Truth and the Life. And you love us and draw us to yourself. You welcome us and embrace us like long lost children. We worship and praise you!



No comments:

Post a Comment