Friday, April 1, 2016

BELIEVE JESUS AND HAVE ETERNAL LIFE

John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world but to save the world through him.

John 5:24 Whoever hears my word and believes in him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

John 6:40 My Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:47 He who believes has everlasting life.

John 8:51 If anyone keeps my word he will never see death.

John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me. I give them eternal life and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.  My Father who has given them to me is greater then all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

John 11:25-26 I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.

Many people believe they will go to heaven as long as they are “good.” They think if they do good deeds they will be in heaven eternally. Many Christians believe it is their good works that save them. But Scripture says we are saved by faith.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9

Not everyone goes to heaven. Believing in Jesus secures us his holiness to cover our sins and presents us blameless before God.

In today’s secular, politically correct world it’s hard for many to realize that God has a different agenda. To gain greater understanding of this read the book of John and the book of Romans in the New Testament. Salvation requires we commit our lives to Jesus. We must acknowledge our sins and repent of them asking his forgiveness. We must learn all we can about him and join his Body on earth – the Church. These things are not optional to gain the promise of eternal life with Him.

Dear Father,
We thank you for the promise you offer us of eternal life in your marvelous presence. It’s thrilling, reassuring and amazing to imagine – and we believe it’s true. Your word is Truth. Help us be heavenly minded while here on earth – yet also be grounded in our providential role on earth fulfilling your plan for us here. We thank you and praise you.
In Jesus name we pray. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment