Friday, November 14, 2014

The Promises of Jesus


THE GOD OF ALL COMFORT
Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Matthew 18:20  Where two or three come together in my name there am I with them.


Matthew 24:13 He who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Matthew 28:20b Surely I am with you always, to the end of the age.

Luke 12:6-7 Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 14:1-3  Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

I grouped together many similar promises. It’s inspiring to read these and trust the God of all Comfort will lift every burden and be with us in every trial.

But do we trust him? I find myself worrying or fretting over the minor details of life. There’s too much to do especially at this time of year. Every little detail that doesn’t go the way I expect sends me into worry/fret mode. I must learn to trust him more.

He says we have rest for our souls, we can rest in his peace – unlike the world’s peace. He loves us so much he gave his Son to live and die for us, to ransom us, we will not be orphans. He is preparing a place for us in his Father’s house. He will come back and take us with him so we will be with him. We must learn to rest in his comfort.

Dear Father,
Your love and grace are amazing. We don't deserve to be your children but you love us so and give us your tender love and comfort. You “forgive our feverish ways” and you “drop your still dews of quietness ‘til all our strivings cease.” Oh how marvelous, Oh how wonderful! We thank you, we praise your holy name. We love you.
In Jesus name, I pray. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment