Monday, June 16, 2014

The Red Words in Scripture

THE PURE IN HEART WILL SEE GOD!
Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

Matthew 5:8 You’re blessed when you get your inside world – your mind and heart – put right. Then you can see God in the outside world. The Message

Matthew 13:16-17 Blessed are your eyes for they see and your ears for they hear. For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it. NASB

Luke 10:23-24 Blessed are the eyes which see the things you see, for I say to you, that many prophets and kings wished to see the things you see, and did not see them, and to hear the things you hear and did not hear them. NASB

What does it mean to have a pure heart? It’s difficult to imagine having a heart without sin, without self-centeredness, without pride. We can’t achieve a pure heart without Christ’s blood covering our sin. As we daily surrender to him we become more like him. We give up our mixed motives and become single minded – surrendered to Christ. We no longer have mixed motives. A pure heart is single minded. A person with a pure heart sees people with both discernment and empathy.

The Psalmist refers to the need for a pure heart. 
“Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart.” Psalm 24:3-4 ESV

“Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me.” Psalm 51:10 RSV

Father,
You have been purifying my heart for the last twenty-four years! I thank you and praise you for this. I am far from pure but on my way. Search me, O God, and know my heart, I pray. Your Word promises we will see God! I have seen you in friends and pastors you have sent to teach me and in the many ways you are active in my life. I do know you in part and I know my knowledge of you will continue to grow. How awesome. We will see you face to face in your Kingdom!

Blessings, Dottie



No comments:

Post a Comment