Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Commands of Jesus

COME TO ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST
Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
John 7:37 If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.

COME TO ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST
Father, I am touched by your invitation to COME to you! You don’t say be good or do good or follow my laws. You know we fail when we try this. You know we can’t save ourselves. So you just say COME to you for rest. Take your yoke upon us – be joined with you, going in your direction. When we are weary and burdened we come. Letting go of control and surrendering to you brings us rest and peace. We surrender to you and allow you to drive our lives. Help us come to you every minute of every day. Help us obey you, be joined (yoked) with you in all we do and say. I thank you also that we can COME to you to quench our thirst. You satisfy!

This is the last command of Jesus recorded in the bible. I’ve blogged on these since April 2012! Now I will blog every third week or so on the promises of Jesus. The promises are also in the red words written as the words he said. It’s interesting that the command today also offers a marvelous promise – “Come to me…and I will give you rest.” Thank you, Father for your commands that guide us and your promises that bless us.

New Year Blessings, Dottie


No comments:

Post a Comment