Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Red Words in Scripture

I'm resuming blogs on the Red Words in Scripture - Jesus' Commands. This began back in a blog called How Do You Read the Bible?

BE MERCIFUL, DON’T JUDGE
Luke 6:36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
Matt. 12:7 I desire mercy, not sacrifice.  
Matt. 7:1-5 Do not judge or you will be judged.
Luke 6:37 Do not judge and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.
Matt. 7:5 Take the plank out of your own eye.
Luke 6:42 First take the plank out of your eye.
John 7:24 Stop judging by mere appearances and make a right judgment.

BE MERCIFUL, DON’T JUDGE
Father,
I’m not sure I can go one week without judging someone. I’m less judgmental than I used to be and I’m more aware when I have critical thoughts. I pray about these and you keep me from speaking them - sometimes. I see the plank in my own eye better, thanks to your Spirit in me. Most of us are so sure we are right and we know what’s best for others. What conceit! How do you stand us?

Help me not judge others by their appearance or initial impressions or by what I would do if I were in their situation. Help me see others as you see each of them.  Give me your viewpoint. Remind me that every person is made in your image; every person is unique. Help me to be merciful, kind, loving, compassionate, and tender toward others - as you are. Let the mind of Christ live in me.

Blessings, Dottie


No comments:

Post a Comment