Thursday, February 16, 2012

Our Vision is Blurred


 Corinthians 13:11-12 “When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.”

 

The Message says: “When I was an infant at my mother's breast, I gurgled and cooed like any infant. When I grew up, I left those infant ways for good. We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!”

Paul compares his understanding of things as a child with his maturity as a man. Then he notes our limitations. He compares our limited earth-bound, self-bound perspective as humans with how clearly we will see and understand God and know God in the life to come. Now our vision of God and of life is blurred, but when Perfection comes we will see, know and understand Him. We will see Him face-to-face just as clearly and fully as God sees and knows us.

Father God, this is sobering and exciting. We are so limited now. We need to remember this and be humble in all we say and do. We need to lean on You for guidance – since we’re living in a fog. In spite of our blurred vision we see our future through the mist.

The future is thrilling! We will see You and know You face to face!

No comments:

Post a Comment