Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Love is Patient


1 Corinthians 13:4 “Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.”

The Messages puts it like this:
“Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Loves doesn’t want what it doesn’t have. Love doesn’t strut. Love doesn’t have a swelled head.”

Love is patient – Love never gives up. Love calmly waits, trusting God. I’m impatient, doubting. Love is my goal, but one that I often miss.

Love is kind – Love cares more for others than for self. Love is gentle, helpful, puts others needs first. I try to be kind; I put others first when it’s convenient. Once in awhile I go out of my way to help others. I care for my loved ones as much as for my self – at least at times. Do I ever care more for others more than for myself? I doubt it.

Love doesn’t envy – Doesn’t want what it doesn’t have. Love rejoices in the successes, comfort, health, wealth, happiness of others; love is happy with its own life. I do better on this one. I am happy with my own life – but I have been greatly blessed with good health, enough money, and a great family.

Love does not boast – Love doesn’t strut. Love is humble. Love is modest. Love is not proud. Love doesn’t have a swelled head. Love is not arrogant, not full of self. Love recognizes its own vulnerability and lets it show. Being transparent isn’t easy. Lord, help me live this.

Blessings, Dottie

No comments:

Post a Comment